#MacOSSierra #Apple – How to download macOS Sierra: Here’s how to get Siri on your Mac : MacOS is, essentially, Apple’s latest version of its OS X operating system. Rebranded as macOS to fit in with Apple’s iOS, tvOS and watchOS brands, macOS now comes with Apple’s digital assistant Siri.
Following suit with Microsoft’s inclusion of Cortana in Windows 10, the addition of Siri to macOS helps streamline searches, set up appointments and reminders and make quick notes.
Now macOS is finally out, it’s worth remembering that – as with anything new – you’ll need to be careful with your personal files before updating. Unlike the beta phase, which was unstable, macOS should now be perfectly safe to use but it’s always better to play it safe rather than sorry.
How to download macOS Sierra
- If you’re the sort to feel uncomfortable about updating your computer to macOS without first backing things up, make sure you perform a Time Machine backup before starting.
- Once your backup is done, head over to the App Store and search for “macOS Sierra”.
- Click “Get” and then select “Download” to begin downloading macOS.
- Your Mac will then tell you once the install file has downloaded and should automatically initiate the installation.
- From here, follow the instructions, selecting the main drive you want to install macOS on and agreeing to the terms and conditions.
- Your Mac will then begin to restart and install macOS, it may restart several times during this process but it shouldn’t take much longer than half an hour to an hour to complete.
- Once the installation process is finished, you’ll be asked to log back into Apple’s cloud services and the setup can complete.
- Congratulations, you’re now running macOS Sierra. Source: Alphr