#Windows10 #Surface3 – Surface 3 alternative, the ASUS Transformer Mini Windows 10 hybrid now available for purchase : If small hybrid tablets like Microsoft’s 10-inch Surface Pro are your thing, Asus has started selling the Transformer Mini T102HA in the US, an affordable 10.1-inch tablet rocking a metal body, a smart hinge design and a fingerprint sensor on the back (via Neowin).
While the 2-in-1 device doesn’t feature high-end specs, it does come with up to 4 gigs of RAM, up to 128GB of eMMC storage and all the ports you need including MicroSD. Also included in the package are a pen and detachable keyboard available in four colors (Quartz Gray, Amber, Mint Green and Icicle Gold).
Here are the main specs of the small tablet:
- 8.2mm thin and 530g body made from a magnesium-aluminum alloy (13.9mm thin and 800g with the keyboard cover)
- Built-in kickstand with up to 170° of movement
- 10.1″ (16:10) HD screen (1280×800)
- Dual side-mounted stereo speakers
- Intel Cherry Trail Quad-Core Processor with integrated Intel HD Graphics
- Up to 4 GB SDRAM, up to 128 GB EMMC
- Up to 11 Hours of movie playback
- 2 Mega Pixel web camera
- Finger Print Reader which supports Windows Hello
- 802.11 AC Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1
- One USB 3.0 port, one micro-USB port, one micro-HDMI port and one MicroSD port
The Asus Transformer Mini T102HA is already available to purchase on Amazon, and the 128GB model is currently being sold for $399. A cheaper 64GB version should be available to purchase sometime later. Let us know in the comments if you think this new 10-inch tablet could be a good replacement for Microsoft’s aging Surface Pro 3. Source: winbeta